In honor of Thanksgiving being TOMORROW I thought I would jot down a little list of all the things I am thankful for. Some may be considered unconventional, but none the less, I’m still thankful for them.
- My family, by blood, my marriage, and by choice. Those who are always by my side, through thick and thin.
- My education. It may be stressful, hardwork, and sometimes defeating, but the rewards are great, and I am insanely lucky to recieve the education that I have thus far recieved.
- Color. Because I couldn’t imagine a life without color, it truly beautifies life.
- Smiles. And laughs… and hugs for that matter. Nothing spreads joy quite like those three things.
- Water. I mean, without it we wouldn’t even have the ability to be grateful for anything.
- Airplanes. Without these magestic flying beasts, I wouldn’t be able to see the majority of my family… ever. And that, frankly would suck.
- My mountains. Those beautiful Blue Ridge peaks make me so happy that I live where I do.
- Bean Boots. My poor feet get cold so easily, and they keep me warm when I most need it.
- Seasons. All four of those great beauties. I could not fathom living in a place that didn’t experience all of the seasons.
- People who do the “dirty jobs”. The sanitation workers, the trash|collectors, the people who do the things that no one else want to do.
- Stars. For me, they’re a reminder of everything else that is out there. They put life in perspective.
- Bonfires. Friends, hot cocoa, blankets, smores, sparklers, and glow stick fights.
- Wildflowers. Because they’re like the paint splatters in the woods.
- My lungs. They keep me going man.
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, spending time with the people you love. What are you thankful for? Let me know in the comments!
Peace out, enjoy life, and live the adventure!