How is it already 2016!
I’m such a sucker for New Years resolutions. However, as of late, I have realized that I don’t think I have ever successfully achieved one of my resolutions. I am on the long train of people who lose motivation within weeks. So, this year I decided to make all of my resolutions relatively small things that I know I will be able to achieve. Of course there are a million goals that I have set for myself, but I’ve narrowed down the list and found a few that I am confident that I will stick with. Disclaimer: this does not mean that the other resolutions on my never-ending list have been forgotten. I will still try to stick to all of my resolutions, but lets be honest, I am a real procrastinator and I probably won’t get much of those done. But as of now, I have high hopes and lots of optimism for the coming year.
- Keep a daily journal of my every day life. I want to remember the little things… the things that bring me joy in the smallest of ways. I’ve never kept a journal successfully, so this is my big resolution.
- Tell someone that I love them every single day. This one I stole from my former art teacher, but I think it is important. I’ve been scared of this phrase and have used it sparingly, but I think its important for me to begin telling this to the people that mean the most to me.
- Take a road trip to somewhere I have never been and just explore it. I have lived in the US for all 18 years of my life, and I am shocked by how little of the US I have actually seen. I have friends and family spread out across this whole country, so I will make it my mission to go visit someone.
- Take one week off of social media. I want to commit to a whole year off the grid, but with college and my family being far away, I think I might stick with just a week. I think it will be good for me to take a break. Maybe I’ll do one day every week to destress my life.
- Stop worrying about the things that I can’t change. This one will be a bit hard for me. I like to be in control of every aspect of my life, but unfortunately thats not how life works. Sometimes things happen that I wish I could change, but those situations are bigger than just me.
So there is my short list of fairly achievable New Years resolutions. I am aiming for 2016 to be the year that I do everything I’ve been planning to do, but I don’t want to feel the disappointment if I can’t make some things happen. There is nothing worse that getting to the end of the year and feeling as though you’ve failed… trust me, I do it every year. So this is the year of achievable life alterations that will hopefully lead to bigger changes.
I hope you had a wonderful holiday season and that you’re 2016 is the best year of your life. Life is only as good as you make it, so make it awesome.
Peace out, enjoy life, and live the adventure!